Hill Climb at Jack’s Hill
Sunday 29th March 2020
Sponsored by Autocraft (WA) Pty Ltd & Galloway Engine Reconditioning
The Rally sporting event is a hill climb event which will be conducted at Jack’s Hill, located adjacent to the Barbagallo Raceway, approximately 17 minutes driving time from the Joondalup Resort.
Jack's Hill was established as a permanent hill climb course in 2005 and has hosted many Australian championship events in its time. It is approximately 800 metres in length with six turns and an elevation variation of 16 metres. It offers a number of configurations and bearing in mind that our Jaguars can be fairly heavy beasts we have chosen the most accommodating configuration.
The surrounding area to the circuit is lightly wooded and sandy, so should you find yourself off the tarmac you'll be ridding your car of WA sand for a while.
The Hill Climb will be a conducted as a Regularity event and is designed to give faster and slower cars an even opportunity to win by testing the driver’s ability to turn in consistent run times. The event is not a race, it is intended to improve driving skills, familiarisation of the vehicle’s performance capabilities and for sheer enjoyment under controlled conditions.
Competitors will complete one observation run in convoy fashion behind the pace car and up to four timed runs. The winner will be the driver who has the most consistent time over two timed runs with first, second and third prizes being awarded. In the event of a draw the driver with the lowest elapsed times will be declared the winner. Click on https://youtu.be/CZYT3wYRDmo to give yourself a taste of driving Jack's Hill climb.
Spectator viewing areas are available near the start and finish line. Tea and coffee and takeaway food will be available for cash purchase from a food hut located at the finish line spectator viewing area. Toilet facilities will also be available.
• Location: Wattle Avenue, East Neerabup.
• Start time/Finish time: The official start time will be advised closer to the event after the number of cars participating has been established, this is expected to be approximated at 0900 but will be confirmed. The event finish time is 12 noon.
• Vehicle Checks: Competitors are required to present their vehicle for scrutineering one and a half hours before the official start time.
• Drivers’ briefing: A compulsory drivers’ briefing will be held 45 minutes prior to the official start time.
• Licence Requirements: The minimum Licence requirement is an Australian Auto-Sport Alliance (AASA) Club Racing Licence or CAMS level 2S Licence.
If you require a single event driver’s licence, an (AASA) Day licence can be issued on the day for $25.
• Clothing: Fire resistant overalls are recommended. Minimum dress standard is clothing that extends from ankles to neck to wrists. Clothing and footwear of flammable synthetic material, such as nylon, is not acceptable. Drivers whenever on the circuit must wear a driving helmet with eye protection if driving an open top car. Helmets can be hired on the day for $20.
• Vehicles: The eligibility of vehicles will be solely at the discretion of the officials.
It is recommended to inflate tyres to approximately 40PSI. Neither compressed air services nor fuel are available at the hill climb circuit.
• Timing Equipment: Electronic timing is used and times printed for officials’ use to determine the placegetters.
Lunch for competitors and guests - Competitors will be provided with a light lunch at no charge. Additionally lunches for competitors’ guests can be purchased for $10, however these additional lunches will need to be ordered at the time of registration.
Opportunity to drive the hill climb track for National Rally delegates who are not event competitors: depending on the timing of completion of the event it may be possible for Jaguar National Rally delegates who are spectators at the event to register to complete one run of the hill climb track in convoy behind a pace car.
Getting there from Joondalup Resort – A direction map will be included in the Rally magazine and also available on the morning of the hill climb prior to departing the Joondalup Resort. We plan to drive to the circuit in convoy so no-one should find themselves lost.
If you require additional information please contact our sporting day co-ordinator, Boyd at email@example.com
Have fun and enjoy the day.